It’s my absolute belief that every household should keep Four Thieves Oil stocked in their medicine cabinet. I can attest to how many viruses have been shortened and held at bay in our own home, simply by diffusing Four Thieves Oil and occasionally by diluting it into a carrier (usually coconut oil) and using as a massage supplement. The uses for Four Thieves are almost too many to count, including but not limited to this list:
1. Dilute with a natural carrier oil and apply to cuts or open wounds to prevent infection and promote healing.
2. Mix with a tablespoon of water, gargle and swallow for a sore throat.
3. Apply undiluted directly to the skin of your upper chest and throat for bronchitis.
4. Place a drop on your thumb and apply to the roof of your mouth for a headache.
5. Put 10-12 drops in a vegetable capsule undiluted and swallow daily for longevity.
6. For acne, apply to the skin diluted with a carrier oil, such as coconut oil.
7. Put directly on the soles of your feet to protect you from colds and flu.
8. Breathe in the vapors when you have lung congestion.
9. Use diluted in water to clean pet cages, creating a healthier environment for them.
10. Add to your dishwasher for more sanitary dishes.
11. Add to your laundry cycle for cleaner, freshened clothes.
12. Add to your mop water for sanitizing floors.
13. Mix with water to make a spray to repel insects on your flowers and plants.
14. Use to dissolve the gummy adhesive on price labels.
15. Apply to bee and wasp stings to neutralize the toxin and relieve the pain.
16. Apply to gums to prevent and treat gum disease.
17. Apply orally to maintain healthy teeth and reduce cavities.
18. Apply to gums and teeth for pain relief from toothaches.
19. Diffuse in homes or business to solve mold problems.
20. Add to orange juice and drink to reduce phlegm and congestion.
21. Apply to broken bones or joints for pain relief and to hasten healing.
22. Put a drop in your cup of tea for flavor and to maintain health.
23. Put a drop on the tip of your tongue when you’re craving to help you stop smoking.
24. Put on cold sores and canker sores to make them disappear.
25. For warts, apply topically and/or inhale to make them disappear.
26. Rub on sore joints to relieve arthritis pain.
27. Drink a few drops in water or juice every three hours to stop a cold.
28. Place a drop on the tongue and a drop in a glass of water every day for herpes.
29. Rub on the bottoms of children’s feet for protection before school every day.
30. Diffuse in the house as your children come home from school every day to kill airborne bacteria.
31. Mix 50:50 with a natural carrier and rub on several times daily for relief of shingles.
32. Apply a diluted drop on wound of a cat or dog to enhance healing.
33. Diffuse in the home or office to stimulate a cheerful mood.
34. Diffuse in the office to increase concentration and work efficiency.
35. Diffuse in your place of business to ward off germs.
36. Diffuse in the classroom to reduce student sickness and absenteeism.
37. Put a few drops in your carpet steamer/cleaner to disinfect carpet.
38. Mix a few drops with honey or agave in a teaspoon for cough relief.
39. Breathe and apply for sinus headaches.
40. Put a drop on a pimple to make it shrink and disappear.
41. For laryngitis put a drop under your tongue to restore your voice.
42. Inhale for relief of allergy symptoms.
43. Take a capsule full every day for relief of Lyme disease symptoms.
44. Use on a cotton pad in your pocket for every flight to protect you from airborne germs on the plane.
45. Drop in the heat/AC vents of a hotel to rid it of airborne germs.
46. Mix with baking soda to clean bathtubs.
47. Apply undiluted to the toes and feet to combat fungus.
48. Apply to poison ivy rashes (may need to be diluted with a natural carrier oil) to relieve the itch.
49. Drops of Four Thieves Oil on a cloth may remove permanent marker stains.
50. Sanitize pierced earrings by cleaning with diluted Four Thieves Oil.
51. Rub on the big toe before retiring to help with proper vision.
52. Applying Four Thieves Oil, diluted 6:1 in a natural carrier oil, around the eye may be helpful in soothing pinkeye or other bacterial infections (Aimee says: I would not advise this, especially for your cubs)
53. Apply 1 drop of Four Thieves Oil and rub vigorously with your thumb onto toothbrush to sanitize.
54. Use for bathrooms and toilets to sanitize and freshen.
55. Use to cut grease on kitchen counters and stovetops.
56. Use to mop floors to clean and disinfect.
57. Apply to hands to remove stubborn, sticky substances like tree sap.
58. Use to wash fruits and vegetables from the supermarket.
59. Add to the water in your vacuum cleaner/steamer to cleanse the air and disinfect the carpet.
60. Spray along ant trails in the house to keep them out.
61. Use to wipe chairs and furniture in school classrooms to cut down on student sickness.
62. Scrub old floors to remove old varnish and prepare for refinishing.
63. Clean upholstery.
64. Clean the upholstery and dashboard of your car.
65. Soak off burnt food in pots and skillets.
66. Wipe or soak garbage cans to get them clean, sanitary and smelling fresh.
67. For tough stains, pour it on as a pre-wash stain remover.
68. Use undiluted to clean and kill mold on walls and floors or degrease oven.
69. Take with the first sniffle and signs of a cold or sore throat to ward it off.
70. Take prior to singing performances to keep the voice strong and to hit the high notes.
71. Use to hasten the healing when a cold or flu has been contracted.
72. Suck on one as you enter an airplane to protect you from germs onboard.
73. Rinse mouth with diluted Four Thieves Oil daily for clean breath and to keep teeth and gums healthy.
74. Gargle (and swallow) before a singing engagement to clear mucus.
75. Use as a healthy alternative to soap and water to sanitize hands.
76. Rub undiluted oil on hands to make them soft, fresh and smooth.
77. Apply with a cotton ball to face morning and night to clear acne.
78. Rub on stains as a pre-wash stain remover, and then rub the area with regular white chalkboard chalk, which will get the stain out and prevent oil marks
79. Use as a deodorant or antibacterial hand soap.
80. Dilute & spray on doorknobs in public restrooms to kill germs.
81. Dilute & spray in the throat to restore a lost voice.
82. Spray or rub onto hands before and after shaking hands with a lot of people.
83. Dilute & spray in restrooms on airplanes to reduce airborne bacteria.
84. Dilute & spray on vegetables and fruits when washing them.
85. Carry cotton pads soaked in Four Thieves’ for protection in countries with cholera, malaria or dysentery.
86. Use as an air freshener for cooking odors or other unwanted smells.
87. Take to the gym and spray all the equipment you use.
88. Take to the supermarket and use to disinfect shopping cart handles.
89. Use in the classroom for desks, tables and other items handled by children.
90. Spray in your mouth and throat at first onset of cold or bronchitis.
91. Spray on shower stalls and bathroom walls to kill and remove mold.
92. Brush with a drop every day to prevent cavities and gum disease.
93. Use when teeth have been damaged or broken to help them heal.
94. Use to prevent or heal gum disease.
95. Apply as an underarm deodorant.
96. Wipe doorknobs and other things touched by the public.
97. Wipe dirty piano keys to clean and disinfect.
98. Use to clean children’s hands when traveling.
99. Use on the steering wheel and gearshift of your vehicle.
100. Use on public telephones to remove germs.
101. Use on public computer keyboards and mice.
According to Wikipedia, The “original” Thieves’ Oil Blend (as marketed by YL’s Gary Young) origin is usually a story that declares that a group of thieves during a European plague outbreak were robbing the dead or the sick. When they were caught, they offered to exchange their secret recipe, which had allowed them to commit the robberies without catching the disease, in exchange for leniency. Another version says that the thieves had already been caught before the outbreak and their sentence had been to bury dead plague victims; to survive this punishment, they created the vinegar. The city in which this happened is usually said to be Marseille or Toulouse, and the time period can be given as anywhere between the 14th and 18th century depending on the storyteller.
MYO Four Thieves’ Oil:
It is important that the essential oils go into this blend in order listed, just as it is important to use the listed amounts: so start at #1.
- 40 drops Clove Oil
- 35 drops Lemon Oil
- 20 drops Cinnamon Bark Oil
- 15 drops Eucalyptus Oil
- 10 drops Rosemary Oil
In a dark amber glass bottle with either a normal lid, a dropper or a spray top, combine all oils, to make a larger amount at once just double amounts. Store just as you would any other essential oils, avoiding direct sunlight.
You all know that my favorite source of therapeutic grade essential oils is the breakout company http://www.simplyaroma.com. Simply Aroma is a “new kid on the block” so to speak, but I find that they provide me with the quality I love at a price that PackDaddy can handle. They currently may not carry all of the oils that you like to use, but know that they are rapidly expanding and adding new ones to their list. You can order these fantastic oils through my link, http://www.simplyaroma.com/BeWell